Programs and Services
Catholic Charities of Michigan is committed to providing help to everyone, regardless of their faith, who might be struggling with issues in their everyday lives.
As a member agency of the Catholic Charities national network, we are focused on making a difference in the lives of people in need, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Our programs and services provide assistance to children, adults, couples and families in our community, including counseling, foster care and adoption, family in home services, short/long term housing, shelter for abused women and children, a food bank, and much more
Catholic Social and Family Service agencies represent an existing network of care throughout the State of Michigan. While the current geographic distribution of agencies is clustered in the southern half of the lower peninsula, we believe that we can lay the foundations for an effective statewide association of Catholic sponsored agencies, organizations, parishes and health care systems, to carry out the social mission of the Church in the changing world of today and tomorrow.
Credentials of Excellence
Network members are certified or licensed by one or more of the following:
- Michigan Dept. of Mental Health
- Michigan Dept. of Consumers & Industry Services
Catholic Charities of Michigan, Inc. offers specialized services and programs in the following areas:
- Dual Diagnosis
- Domestic Violence
- Women’s Services
- Children’s Programs
- Services for Seniors
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Network staff include…
Physicians, Psychologists, LPCs, ACSWs, Ph.D.s, Master’s Level Counselors, Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, abuse counselors, domestic violence specialists, community support workers, social workers, teachers, nurses and support staff.
Our staff members value the dignity of each and every person, and strive to provide compassionate service that removes barriers to self-sufficiency and wholeness, by tailoring our programs for the unique circumstances of the people we serve.
Our services and programs provide a social safety net for individuals, families and children, from all socio-economic and religious backgrounds,, empowering people in need, regardless of faith or background, with the tools they need to reach their full potential.
We are committed to offering assistance to anyone in the State of Michigan that needs support, care and compassion for a variety of personal and social issues.
Participating agencies throughout the state of Michigan provide the following services:
- Assessment and evaluation for all ages
- Residential care for children (M/F); Respite care
- Structured outpatient counseling
- Mentoring for Youth, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Family counseling; Family life education
- Case management; Community education and outreach
- Shelter for abused women and children
- Domestic violence treatment
- Psychological; psychiatric evaluations
- Guardianship; Social Security Payee programs
- Assessment, education, referral & treatment for substance abuse issues
- Marraige preparation
- Transitional short and long term housing
- Pregnancy services
- Foster Care for children of all ages; Adoption
- Family In-Home services
- Families First
- Senior Citizens services; RSVP
- Sexual offender treatment
- Food Bank; Soup Kitchen
- Headstart; Healthy Start